Tour Basics

artist and new grandma...

Wednesday, July 4, 2007

DAY 17

Well Earl thought he sent photos but I don't see them. He reported that most people went to see the big hole in the ground. I figure for Luke that is kinda a busman's holiday....The Grand Canyon is always so awesome to see...and not in the surfer dude way.... I remember the first time I saw it I wondered what the first people who stumbled upon it thought...after they got over the fact is was going to be hell to get around it....Now that have that invisible bridge thing....I am curious what people think.....I am barely able to look over the edge as it is...I doubt I could step on that thing.


Earl reported there was a fun little local parade. Everyone brought out their tractors and I think he said there were dancing grannies in the parade too...so sorry I did not get that pic for ya.

The fireworks were to start at 9:30. Then to bed to take the next to last leg of Route 66.

Warning...don't get too near Earl he has run out of clean clothes...He said he keeps buying new T-shirts.....That will help.

2 comments:

Cameron Talley said...

I thought he was bathing in the swimming pools? Can't he wash his clothes there, too? :)

Syd said...

Good idea Cameron, Wish I had thought of that as a suggestion!

Syd